Vibrant beautiful community of engaged homeowners working together.
TLHOA maintains and improves a high quality, safe community by enhancing our neighborhoods, parks, lakes and common areas, thereby optimizing property values.
Rights and Responsibilities
As assessment-paying members of our community, we are entitled to certain rights and—in return—we have certain responsibilities.
Homeowners have the right to:
- Participate in governing the community association by attending meetings, serving on committees and standing for election.
- Access appropriate association books and records.
- Prudent expenditure of fees and other assessments.
- Live in a community where the property is maintained according to established standards.
- Fair treatment regarding financial and other association obligations, including the opportunity to discuss payment plans and options with the association before legal action is initiated.
- A responsive and competent community.
In turn, homeowners have the responsibility to:
- Read and comply with the governing documents of the community.
- Maintain their properties according to established standards.
- Treat association leaders honestly and with respect.
- Vote in community elections and on other issues.
- Pay association assessments and charges on time.
- Contact association leaders, if necessary, to discuss financial obligations and alternate payment arrangements.
- Request reconsideration of material decisions that personally affect them.
- Provide current contact information to association leaders to help ensure they receive information from the community.
- Ensure that those who reside on their property—tenants, guests or family members—adhere to all rules and regulations.